View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 07:39 PM

A lot depends on the carrier and location. Who ever said they left you with the package needs to be contacted. They will want to locate your package since you don't have it. I've seen it all here in ruralville USA. The USPS is really the most insane. They had an item marked as delivered for a day and a half. I checked the box and there was nothing. I would regularly get a key to open a box with someone else's package. I called them up. Come to find out packages get delivered on a seperate truck and the carrier was "new". He/she just kept driving it back and forth 13 miles from the main distribution center until the boss said someone wants their package. Tada package arrives. UPS is a close second. Signature confirmation here means you're headed to the main distribution center no matter what, and you better do it within X amount of time. These guys and gals will leave your package where ever is easiest at their convenience. Seems like fedex is about 75/25. Normally I just ask to pick it up at the center just down the street from work. The rest I don't deal with enough to know. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease!