View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirk View Post
I hear you.

I don't expect to be compensated for pain and suffering.......I don't expect to be compensated for anything. I expect to be given the car I paid for and if they can't give me that I'd like my money back.

I suspect that the EPA fine would be VW's payment in part for the pollution we are all breathing but I doubt the EPA will be sending either of a check.

I too would accept a drop in performance to get the emissions in line with regs. That wouldn't make me excited but it would be fine. If when I was shopping for the car if the stated mileage was slightly lower I would have still bought the car and it seems like a good compromise compared to buying my car back and crushing it - which is such a bad deal environmentally.

If a buy-back pays blue-book price then I will be left holding the bag due to depreciation as most of the value lost happens as you drive it off the lot.......and my plan was to keep the car for a few hundred thousand miles the same way I did the Passat I owned before my Jetta. I would never have dreamed of selling a two year old car with only 30,000 miles on it because that is the worst thing I could do financially.

So I'd like my car fixed to bring it inline with what I put down my money for or I'd like my money back. I seriously doubt either of those things will happen.

Do you feel that paying owners the blue book value of the car (before the outing) is a fair way to go?

dave
Dave, I'm in the exact same situation as you and feel exactly as you do. Thanks so much for articulating how "I" and a whole lot of "I's" feel.