View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftf View Post
Same here, I had a 2000 Jetta VR6 that saved me the trouble of ever thinking about buying a VW again, ever ever again, a worse car could not intentionally be made.
I bought my wife a 2000 new Beetle and for the first 2 years it was pretty great and then in year 3 we started having electrical system issues. Solenoids failing and doors wouldn't close. The mass-air-flow sensor went and cooked the turbo and I got into a screaming fight with the service manager when he dismissed my concern about the MAS and replaced half the turbo to have it fail again a week later because it needed a MAS. The final straw came when the passenger-side window fell into the door. I had it fixed and we traded it for a Honda CRV and I swore I'd never own another VW. But then I fell in love with the JSW and even though I swore off VW I bought another one and that's why I feel so angry right now because I SWORE I wouldn't get screwed by VW again and yet here I am wondering what the fix is going to be and feeling like a sucker for believing my CLEAN diesel was a better choice for a fuel efficient car than a Prius. I feel like VW sold me a bill of goods because I was dumb enough to believe there was a car that was more efficient and cleaner than other fuel-burning automobiles and not only was I buying a car that was fun to drive but also environmentally responsible. Insult to injury is that up until recently I was also paying 50 cents more per gallon of gas than 87 octane.

Ugh. Now I'm pissed. I think I'll go ride my bike and take it out on the road.