View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Campagnolo follows trends, market speak, etc, less than the other big S, and certainly less than, 'lets get it out now-we'll fix it later', other "S" group maker.

Doubt they will do the big cogset gig, BUT you can do that now with shimano 11s and a Campagnolo mid or long cage rear der.

Yes, they will do disc brakes, for good or ill. Probably with Formula, another Italian company. BUT remember, Campagnolo is aimed at the racer, high-ish end enthusiast..not the dirt guys.
I ride dirt, I tour, I ride road and I want the same system of shifting on all of them.

I spoke to a compagnolo representative in March at the Berlin bike show. He said that the most requests they get are for a bigger gear range cassette. Campagnolo does not make any long cage derailleurs for their 11 gears setup so if they do bring something out, they may bring a new derailleur as well.

I pointedly asked the same fellow if they are working on Disk Brakes with Formula. His answer was "God NO". So we have to see.

I also disagree with your last statement - any company is aiming to increase market footprint, customer base and revenues. The way to do this is to appeal to more riders. Lets see what happens!