View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 04:31 PM

Location: I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere...I'm the egg-man
To digress

I agree! I don't understand the bad rap Taiwan-made frames get either. The fact is that they're the standard now!

To add to your example of sailboats, which I know little about, there used to be a time when snooker tables were being manufactured in Europe. Come globalisation, and now they're for the most part being manufactured in China. The tables used at the Crucible (annual venue of the World Snooker Championship) this year were manufactured in China, including the cloth stitched on. There were absolutely no complaints whatsoever, and no untoward trajectories taken. If one were to follow the game, it'd become very clear as to the level of expertise and precision that was required to execute this task, and now the Chinese have mastered it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnhood View Post
I never understood the negative comments on Taiwan built frames. The US and Europe pretty much designed the factories, so its only the labor...and Taiwan labor is every bit as good as labor from any other country. People are the same, equal so to speak. Taiwan sailboats are a shining example of the quality Taiwan factories are capable of (and of course, so is my Tarmac).