View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeDave View Post
. . . pretty much my feeling. I strongly doubt they are just making plans to go lie on the beach. But they're not going to present them here for us to critique.

BBD
Posted in the 'note from Ben' thread...

"My employee, who works the Courage Classic as support, heard this 2 weeks ago from a relative thru marriage of Ben, who stopped at his booth. Sister in law??

She mentioned that Ben and ?? are trying to buy the company."

If Ben and ? get the funds, I wouldn't be surprised that Ben emerges as a much smaller, frame building company, owned by him and ?. Few of the manufacturing staff come along...

More than a few mid sized frame builders thrive today. "Do one thing and do it well', comes to mind as does really taking care of a small and dedicated dealer network. All ti and all steel frames, from this tiny bike shop owner's perspective, do well. Going toe to toe with trekspecializedgiantcannondale is dumb. Economy of scale. Sounds like ben wants to make great frames, I think he and others will do that. Smaller, more directed, kinda doing the things that Moots and Waterford are doing.

Doing one thing and doing it well.

My opinion is all. When I was in a couple of previous shops, we sold serotta. In the era of all steel CSI, CR/L, and Legend. Concours. Pretty easy to sell these. Do a fit, buy a frame, build, what 'pro' shops are supposed to do.

my 2 lira.