View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 11:13 AM

as for the "economic" part

Poor, truly poor people, like third world poor are not fat.

Lazy people who eat processed food rather than prepare their own meals are fat.

Truly poor people tend to buy things like rice and vegetables and cook for their families, and as a consequence are thin. They usually also have active jobs that require physical labor.

"working poor" people who have jobs for crappy wages and "no time" to cook, and feed their families fast food. They could, and should, cook. There is no excuse about what you put in the mouths of your children. People from other countries who are here. It is primarily people who grew up here who are ignorant of cooking and think fast food is an alternative.

now for the "socio"

well, yes much of the advertising in the air is food related, and most of the foods are saturated with chemical and processes that make them addictive and hard to resist.
And life can be hard, and fast, and it is nice to be in control of a heaping meat slammer deluxe with a fried eggs and bacon strips (I suppose).

But ultimately, your own body, the responsibility is on you to care for it.

That is why fat people usually feel bad about themselves, they are fat.
They KNOW on an intrinsic level they are unhealthy. It doesn't take watching top model or being ridiculed to know that, getting winded walking to the refrigerator and being unattractive to the opposite sex are usually cues.

So, it is really not an ailment in my mind, and does not need to be coddled, appreciated or "understood".

the "once upon a time in the schoolyard" thing was a joke,

but you don't want to be around when a woman asks me "do I look fat in this" and I tell her "you look fat in everything, probably out of everything too"
cause I don't mind being honest.