View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Just looking for insight here...not going to have any 650b on the floor, unless Richard at Waterford offers one, which I doubt. "Seems" like a trend to me based on one tire brand. Not sure what it offers over a well made 700c touring/all 'rounder rig.
I'd love to see more touring and all arounder 700C bikes on the market, but I'd like to see nice fat slicks tires to go with it.

There are a few brands in the 650B road ring, although Grand Bois has a strong handle on it. Pacenti even has a flyweight tire, SOMA has a Pasela-esque tire. True, all those probably are made by Panaracer. Then there's a Hutchinson 32mm, some Schwalbes. Probably some euro-only stuff.

Have you read anything from Jan Heine? Short of trying it yourself to see if you like, Jan does a nice job of relating his experience and attempts to be thorough and scientific, as possible. Here's a blog entry of his about fat 650B tires:

http://janheine.wordpress.com/2011/0...de-650b-tires/

Granted, everything has pros and cons, I had a 650B fire sale and sold 2 complete 650B specific bikes, plus my extras and regret it. I'm looking forward to taking delivery of Gravelbike's rSogn within a week or two and riding some nice plush fat tires again.

Last edited by 559Rando; 09-07-2012 at 12:36 PM.