The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (http://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Custom Bikes (http://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Team Nerac Pegoretti TT Bike. (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=20290)

fstrthnu 08-14-2006 08:10 PM

Team Nerac Pegoretti TT Bike.

https://store.prostores.com/servlet/...late=PegTTbike

amg 08-14-2006 08:58 PM

Bellissimo! Il colore mi piace tantissimo! Bravo, Dario!

Antonio

mike p 08-14-2006 09:40 PM

Very Nice

That thing is hot! As you race around the states do you get alot of comments on the Pegs.? Will team Nearc be at the Chris Thater Memorial in Binghamton, Aug 27?

Mike

fstrthnu 08-14-2006 09:45 PM

Yeah.. The Pegoretti's are really well recieved at the races. I love my #3's and the TT bike is just dead on.

Nerac/OLP will be at Thater. See You there!

Fstrthnu

bostondrunk 08-15-2006 01:08 PM

I'm sorry, I'm missing it, obviously. What the heck is so special about this as a 'TT' bike? Looks very plain jane lame for a time trial bike, almost a road frame. Is it just because it is a pegoretti that suddenly it is an amazing time trial bike? I think this forum advertises pegoretti more than it does serotta.

fiamme red 08-15-2006 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostondrunk
I'm sorry, I'm missing it, obviously. What the heck is so special about this as a 'TT' bike? Looks very plain jane lame for a time trial bike, almost a road frame. Is it just because it is a pegoretti that suddenly it is an amazing time trial bike? I think this forum advertises pegoretti more than it does serotta.

Sorry, you just don't get it. :no:

BTW, neither do I. I'd much rather have a Hooker.

bostondrunk 08-15-2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiamme red
I'd much rather have a Hooker.

now yer talkin!!!!

TimD 08-15-2006 01:40 PM

Nice paint!

As a clueless engineer cyclist wannabe, I have to ask how well the brakes work with the pads set up to contact the tire sidewalls? Maybe braking performance is irrelevant given the application?

fstrthnu 08-15-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimD
Nice paint!

As a clueless engineer cyclist wannabe, I have to ask how well the brakes work with the pads set up to contact the tire sidewalls? Maybe braking performance is irrelevant given the application?

The 2006 Ti model is just awesome. I knew they would be more powerful than my Cane Creek 200sl's but I did NOT think they would rival the stopping power of my Campy Chorus brakes. And on paper they have more clamping force than a Dura Ace caliper. Setting up the pads was easy and after a couple weeks of riding, I haven't had to re-adjust or re-tighten.

Fstrthnu

fstrthnu 08-15-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostondrunk

Hey bostondrunk,

Why are You such a bitter @sshole? Oh yeah must be because A. You are a Bostonian and B. You are a drunk. :)

Whats in a name anyways?

I rode a Hooker TT bike for one season when I was a U-23. IT SUCKED. Just another over engineered piece of garbage IMHO.

Rock ON,
Fstrthnu

mosca 08-15-2006 02:46 PM

Quote:

The bike is shown sans tires - for a moment I wondered why such a large gap between the rear tire and the seat tube...

bostondrunk 08-15-2006 03:39 PM

Nah, I'm not bitter. I just get a laugh at what seems to impress people on ths forum.........like a 3 year waiting period for a 3k frameset......you know, that sort of thing that the forum members seem to drool over.
Whats in a name.....exactly....haha.....
In this case....whats in a decal....

TimD 08-15-2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosca
The bike is shown sans tires - for a moment I wondered why such a large gap between the rear tire and the seat tube...

Like I said, I'm clueless :) Seriously, thanks, I see it now, by zooming in on the front wheel one can see the spoke holes.

Odd to see a bike all built up and on display with no tires. Or at least I think so. But like I said, I'm clueless. Probably happens all the time in pro cycling environments... and the circus.

Matt Barkley 08-15-2006 05:53 PM

1st 'n thru: Hookers can be pretty difficult to handle. Pretty custom curves and all. Sorry you didn't have good experiences with your's. :beer: (my blatent advetisement for more beer.)

fstrthnu 08-15-2006 06:32 PM

Quote:

Like I said, I'm clueless :) Seriously, thanks, I see it now, by zooming in on the front wheel one can see the spoke holes.

Odd to see a bike all built up and on display with no tires. Or at least I think so. But like I said, I'm clueless. Probably happens all the time in pro cycling environments... and the circus.

I just threw some wheels I had laying around on to make it look nice. I didn't have any tubulars to mount on them... But You get the picture I hope.

Fstrthnu

amator 09-17-2007 02:36 PM

Its probably an old thread (link shows no pictures)but seeing a few Love#3's in team nerac around and they are a nice subtle colour . this has piqued my interest.

Did the TT bike also use a Love #3 xl8r scandium but in different geometry or evn something much stiffer that was rideable as a TT power bike only or was it a carbon?!!!

Im curious how the pegoretti/team nerac collaboration started as they now ride duratec bikes. Did Dario measure up the riders individually or was it stock frames. To my knowledge, Nerac is the only team recently to use Pegs as team bikes for all. I know many other teams may be pegs under the coats of sponsor paint ;) :rolleyes:

wasfast 09-17-2007 02:49 PM

I saw one of the TT bikes go through Ebay this week. It was listed as a 57cm frame but it had almost no headtube, perhaps the size of a 50cm bike. I emailed the seller and he said the top tube was also 57cm. Still difficult to believe but it's possible.

I still love the paint scheme.....

amator 09-17-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasfast
I saw one of the TT bikes go through Ebay this week. It was listed as a 57cm frame but it had almost no headtube, perhaps the size of a 50cm bike. I emailed the seller and he said the top tube was also 57cm. Still difficult to believe but it's possible.

I still love the paint scheme.....

No headtube :confused: meaning no Ht extension ya?
I spotted one in splotchy paint with a HUGE pegoretti branding on the downtube sometime ago, just cant find it to attach.
It had the biggest baddest OS tubes which is nowhere to be found on any peg in the Gita Bikes catalog! Im sure it aint steel *could be carbon hehe

wonder if Dario still dials in his legendary ride into such a monster or are they made by him :bike:

davids 09-17-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amator
Im curious how the pegoretti/team nerac collaboration started as they now ride duratec bikes. Did Dario measure up the riders individually or was it stock frames. To my knowledge, Nerac is the only team recently to use Pegs as team bikes for all. I know many other teams may be pegs under the coats of sponsor paint ;) :rolleyes:

I think the short answer to this question is "the jerk ".

My Nerac Love #3 (received too late for the team's use) is a stock 51cm size.

wasfast 09-17-2007 04:59 PM

The TT frame I was talking about is item number 330165179157, already completed.

amator 09-17-2007 05:21 PM

Thks and I found the one i mentioned too ;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330160148844

I have no idea if its 650 or 700 front wheels or sloping but it looks STIFF, look at the BB!!!!!! :cool:

oops, lost my photo i posted, was trying to download picture to my new PC. :crap:

fstrthnu 09-20-2007 08:37 PM

That is my old Peg TT Bike. Usually I ride 55 Pegs but the TT bike that fit me was a "53".

amator 09-20-2007 11:23 PM

Hi Justin, U mean the handpainted one? Thats quite a cool frame with greetings from Dario!

U rode 53 becos of the aero bar extensions right? Looks pretty much a square main traingle like a regular road bike with huge aero tubing as far as I can tell.
Sure looks fierce though , did it ride like the Love#3, I think its the same scandium tubing so Must have been stiff as heck :)

velobrew2 08-04-2008 03:03 PM

Nerac Peg TT Frame

I am pretty sure I have JS's TT frame from his Nerac days. Bought it a year or two ago, built it up as a TT rig for the past season, but really haven't ridden it much (sponsored by another frame manufacturer). Last Friday I decided I couldn't have it lying around unused (and before anyone gets any ideas, no way is it leaving my posession intentionally), so I pulled the disc and aerobars off, threw a 3T bar on it and swapped the saddle out for a Aliante. Now I have a clean (still have some work to do to "finish" it) Peg that makes me smile everytime I come home to ride. Will post pics in the near future.

Slone

amator 08-10-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velobrew2
I am pretty sure I have JS's TT frame from his Nerac days. Bought it a year or two ago, built it up as a TT rig for the past season, but really haven't ridden it much (sponsored by another frame manufacturer). Last Friday I decided I couldn't have it lying around unused (and before anyone gets any ideas, no way is it leaving my posession intentionally), so I pulled the disc and aerobars off, threw a 3T bar on it and swapped the saddle out for a Aliante. Now I have a clean (still have some work to do to "finish" it) Peg that makes me smile everytime I come home to ride. Will post pics in the near future.

Slone

I know someone in possesion of one brand new Nerac pegoretti hanging on his wall as art.
To me, the geometry seems to be very roadlike. Ive been very tempted to make him an offer though it looks to be a size or two too big...
white paint is harlequin like pearl shimmer, yummmmmy

scottcw2 08-12-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amator
it looks to be a size or two too big...
white paint is harlequin like pearl shimmer, yummmmmy

Describe a "size or two too big" in centimeters, please. :D

vlad luskin 08-13-2008 02:26 PM

Nice and fast. Congrats.

amator 08-22-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottcw2
Describe a "size or two too big" in centimeters, please. :D

Well now that i OWN it :beer: ,

......its engraved a size 56 on the BB.
also measured a square 56 as C-C. 17.5cm HT

But somehow it feels like a 57/58 when mocked up. doesnt seem very time
tria(ly) in geometry, looks like standard peg with long HT.

Jumped the gun too soon when know i ride a 54 peg :crap: