The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   OT - New iPad (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=106151)

oldguy00 03-16-2012 06:31 AM

OT - New iPad

Anyone getting one?
I've been a hold out on the iPad, yet to own one. But man, it looks so tempting to get a 3G model with the cheap tablet data plans now available, tablet TV, etc. It looks like such a nice thing to have to use on the road, etc.
Now to convince the wife... :)

crownjewelwl 03-16-2012 07:02 AM

ipad 5??

no ipad 5 yet! the newest one is simply called the ipad and doesn't have a numerical designation...and the new version is 4G which is pretty sweet

i am personally waiting for a smaller form factor...

oldguy00 03-16-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crownjewelwl
no ipad 5 yet! the newest one is simply called the ipad and doesn't have a numerical designation...and the new version is 4G which is pretty sweet

lol, shows what I know!! Changed the title. :)

TMB 03-16-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crownjewelwl

You will be waiting a long time, if you are waiting for Apple to make a smaller unit.

thenewguy11 03-16-2012 07:28 AM

I have an original iPad with 3G and its probably the best electronic gadget I've purchased, maybe, ever. I travel for work a lot so its nice to have a bunch of books, there are some cool work related apps, and you can browse the web while sitting in airports without breaking out the laptop. I will caution you that I personally don't think its a replacement for the laptop but it is pretty handy.

TMB 03-16-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenewguy11
I have an original iPad with 3G and its probably the best electronic gadget I've purchased, maybe, ever. I travel for work a lot so its nice to have a bunch of books, there are some cool work related apps, and you can browse the web while sitting in airports without breaking out the laptop. I will caution you that I personally don't think its a replacement for the laptop but it is pretty handy.

I rarely ever use the laptop anymore other than to sync my Garmin,

samsays 03-16-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldguy00
Anyone getting one?
I've been a hold out on the iPad, yet to own one. But man, it looks so tempting to get a 3G model with the cheap tablet data plans now available, tablet TV, etc. It looks like such a nice thing to have to use on the road, etc.
Now to convince the wife... :)

Do it. Best thing in the world. We now have two. Never take out my laptop. Perfect for traveling.

oldguy00 03-16-2012 07:45 AM

Did you guys get 16MB or 32MB? Have you come close to filling the disk space?

zap 03-16-2012 08:12 AM

Should get our's later today. :banana:

Fixed 03-16-2012 08:14 AM

i still like my macbook but ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldguy00
Did you guys get 16MB or 32MB? Have you come close to filling the disk space?

i have 32 mb ipad to watch movies most stuff
is on the clouds kind of like god has it also lots of apps that are cheap
cheers

tuxbailey 03-16-2012 08:15 AM

I have the iPad2, 16 GB Wifi only. Unless you plan to download a lot of movies from iTunes it is more than enough.

I wanted to get the new one because of the new screen but my wife wanted a new laptop instead and we gave more money to Apple.

If you have Netflix it will be very useful.

Aaron O 03-16-2012 08:19 AM

We're getting the new one...32gb and with 4g. I'm waiting for the lines to die a bit, but I'm really looking forward to it!

oldguy00 03-16-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuxbailey
I have the iPad2, 16 GB Wifi only. Unless you plan to download a lot of movies from iTunes it is more than enough.

I wanted to get the new one because of the new screen but my wife wanted a new laptop instead and we gave more money to Apple.

If you have Netflix it will be very useful.

Wouldn't Netflix eat up your data plan really quickly?!

Fixed 03-16-2012 08:33 AM

wifi is free
cellular plan i have is unlimited data
cheers

zap 03-16-2012 08:45 AM

back again.

Our's is on the FedEx truck.

Wife ordered the wifi version with 64gb. She's a part time photographer.