The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Notifications (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=208448)

shoota 07-27-2017 01:53 PM

Notifications

Hey all, I searched the forum but didn't find any info about if it is possible to get a notification when someone quotes you. This is a thing on every other forum I'm on but not here, and I find it very useful. Any info on that? Thanks.

Louis 07-27-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoota (Post 2210149)
Hey all, I searched the forum but didn't find any info about if it is possible to get a notification when someone quotes you. This is a thing on every other forum I'm on but not here, and I find it very useful. Any info on that? Thanks.

Not an option currently on this forum. I don't know if that's is possible on this version of the software we're running, and it just hasn't been turned on, or it isn't possible at all. I'm guessing it's the latter.

shoota 07-27-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 2210156)
Not an option currently on this forum. I don't know if that's is possible on this version of the software we're running, and it just hasn't been turned on, or it isn't possible at all. I'm guessing it's the latter.

Hmm. So how do people keep track of the threads they've commented on and, possibly, someone quoting them to have a discussion?

Louis 07-27-2017 02:08 PM

Can't do it automatically.

Just spend 3 hours per day on the forum checking every thread you've commented on, and that should do it. ;)

BTW, I'm sure you've also noticed that we don't have "Likes." That is issue that's been discussed...

ColonelJLloyd 07-27-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 2210156)

Yer ears burning?

CaptStash 07-27-2017 02:11 PM

If you access the Forum through Tapatalk you get notifications on your smart phone.

CaptStash....

ORMojo 07-27-2017 02:40 PM

This isn't what you originally requested, maybe not even close, but you can keep a browser tab open showing your "Subscribed" threads, and then easily see whenever new posts are added to those threads.

On the Paceline home page (and from most other pages), click on the "Quick Links" drop down and click on "Subscribed Threads." This will show you all of the threads you have posted in, across all of the forums (I'm currently showing 912!).

Maybe that will help. I keep a tab open to this all the time as a quick way to see new activity on topics I've weighed in on.

shoota 07-27-2017 02:49 PM

Good info, thanks guys!

73Bronco 07-27-2017 04:13 PM

Interesting, I don't post a lot (more of a reader) but I get those notifications from other forums and didn't notice I wasn't getting them from here. Good to know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

makoti 07-27-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoota (Post 2210160)
Hmm. So how do people keep track of the threads they've commented on and, possibly, someone quoting them to have a discussion?

You never, ever log out. Works for the rest of us. ;)