The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   OT: Euro 2016 (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=188995)

echappist 06-25-2016 12:19 PM

OT: Euro 2016

what a game between Poland and Switzerland. That goal by "Chips Don't Lie" Shikiri. Acorbatic.

Lewandowski has another match to score.

R3awak3n 06-25-2016 12:26 PM

oh man, my neighborhood probably going crazy right now. North Brooklyn is the American Poland haha

I am waiting for 3 for the Portugal game. It is going to be a tough one for us (Portugal). Croatia is a really strong team, lets hope Ronaldo brings it this time around but Nani has been the highlight of the team for the past 3 matches.

Been a great Euro so far.

wc1934 06-25-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R3awak3n (Post 1997001)
oh man, my neighborhood probably going crazy right now. North Brooklyn is the American Poland haha

I am waiting for 3 for the Portugal game. It is going to be a tough one for us (Portugal).

major disappointment - the announcers said - this is so boring what are the guys in the studio booth going to talk about at halftime. 2nd half wasn't any better - no one willing to push forward (settling for the dreaded pk's).
I spoke to soooooooooonnnnnn.

cadence90 06-25-2016 06:01 PM

CR7 is still awful in big tournament games. How can he miss so many "easy" goals? And 0 shots on goal in 90' by either team had not happened since 1980.

Quaresma was such a huge waste of money at Inter, and then he wins it for POR. :crap:

That Shaqiri goal was insane.
http://images2.gazzettaobjects.it/me...llery-page.jpg

Forza ITA vs ESP....:help:

R3awak3n 06-25-2016 06:10 PM

The swiss goal was indeed insane.

CR7 is an amazing player and it is not the big tournament that is the problem, he is just used to a different kind of team. Also, check the last match against hungary, Ronaldo won the game for Portugal. He also is 1 goal away from tieing the best scorer on all Euro cups.

Quaresma is an amazing player. Fun fact, he was my Grandparents neighbour in the town I grew up in in Portugal. Grandma still lives there, in the same house.

R3awak3n 06-25-2016 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wc1934 (Post 1997108)
major disappointment - the announcers said - this is so boring what are the guys in the studio booth going to talk about at halftime. 2nd half wasn't any better - no one willing to push forward (settling for the dreaded pk's).
I spoke to soooooooooonnnnnn.

it was an aweful game, not going to lie but these happen once in a while. Glad it did not go to PKs because pretty sure the result would have been the opposite

cadence90 06-25-2016 06:30 PM

CR7 has been bad at WCs and Euros, historically. I'm not talking about any single game. He is of course a great player, but he simply has not performed to his RM level at major tournaments, and that is not solely on RM v POR imo.

Quaresma has not been a great player for a while. At Inter he was a complete €30M bust, a real disaster. Even Mou, who wanted him at all costs, ended up losing faith in him. And then what? Pretty much a 0 in Turkey, Arabia....

cadence90 06-27-2016 11:50 AM

Wow. Great 1st half by ITA! :banana:

Gsinill 06-27-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadence90 (Post 1997967)
Wow. Great 1st half by ITA! :banana:

Darn, not good for my fellow Germans!
Anybody but ITA ;-)

cadence90 06-27-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gsinill (Post 1997989)
Darn, not good for my fellow Germans!
Anybody but ITA ;-)

Pox, pox, pox, and more pox! :D :D :D :D

ITA are playing great, but I'm so nervous right now; they have blown a couple of match-clinching opportunities.

cadence90 06-27-2016 12:50 PM

ITALIA!

What a goal!
(And Buffon is simply amazing.)

:banana: :banana: :banana:

echappist 06-27-2016 12:54 PM

amazing saves by Buffon

also was Chielinni acting there?

cadence90 06-27-2016 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echappist (Post 1998025)
amazing saves by Buffon

also was Chielinni acting there?

What, when he scored that goal?
No, I think that was legit joy. :) ;)

In other news, Björk and Guðmundur Róbert Guðmundsson (you know, Iceland's National Road Champion) are completely kicking The Rolling Stones', The Beatles', The Who's, The Clash's, etc., and Brad Wiggins'/Chris Froome's, etc. ass, all over the place. :eek:

This is unbelievable, just a complete demolition.
"All in all there's an enormous, huge, vast, immense, gigantic, giant, massive, colossal, mammoth, tremendous, monumental, epic, prodigious, mountainous, king-sized, titanic, towering, elephantine, gargantuan, Brobdingnagian, hole in the wall..."

Holy ****e.
Góða nótt, England. Brexit number tveir.

"Iceland have plunged England into a deep freeze. It was a calamitous, clueless display."
- Ian Darke

tuscanyswe 06-27-2016 04:00 PM

Italy looking like a proper italian side again. Awesome play from them so far in this Euro. Love it!!

Island *** lol hey I'm all for it but omg.. their coach is a swedish genius who i didn't want to have coaching our nt, I'm a bit of a fool i guess .)

cadence90 06-27-2016 04:08 PM

Ha ha ha!
Well, Mr. Hodgson is certainly available, as of 10 minutes ago.

This is just a massive upset.