The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Serotta Duetti Pro’s Closest (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=301773)

Kingfisher 11-26-2023 11:37 AM

Serotta Duetti Pro’s Closest

Don’t know that much about the Duetti, but on sale new at $624 and regular price is $2500??
Seems like a deal if you are shopping for one

https://www.theproscloset.com/produc...-frameset-2022

oliver1850 11-26-2023 12:06 PM

$595 at the Serotta site. Also supposed to have some display/demo frames as low as $295 but sizes and specifics aren't listed.

peanutgallery 11-26-2023 12:25 PM

Holy Janky Brakeline Routing, Batman!!!!

fourflys 11-26-2023 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliver1850 (Post 3320979)
$595 at the Serotta site. Also supposed to have some display/demo frames as low as $295 but sizes and specifics aren't listed.

Didn't see any bikes or frames actually for sale on their store site.. maybe I missed them?

Clean39T 11-26-2023 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutgallery (Post 3320988)

One man’s jank is another mechanic or traveler’s wet dream..

cgolvin 11-26-2023 01:00 PM

I am constantly perplexed by the way TPC presents geometry and other info. Why the hell would their size choice buttons use the "Traditional Frame Size Reference" column (rounded down in some cases) instead of size labels that Serotta uses? SMH

tomato coupe 11-26-2023 01:01 PM

Quote:

DUETTI is a Modern Road Bicycle pre-engineered-by Ben ...
Sounds like Serotta is just slapping their name on a generic aluminum frame and calling it a Duetti, even though a Duetti is normally made from titanium.

vespasianus 11-26-2023 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomato coupe (Post 3321005)
Sounds like Serotta is just slapping their name on a generic aluminum frame and calling it a Duetti, even though a Duetti is normally made from titanium.

This. Similar to the Battaglin aluminum frames that were going to $99. But you know, frame material plays no role in how a bike rides. With the right wheels and cockpit, it should ride just like an Aethos.

ltwtsculler91 11-26-2023 01:17 PM

Quote:

Not generic, it was designed by Ben and completely proprietary shaping and Colorado concept style tube set on them for when he relaunched the brand around 2018. They’re REALLY nice riding bikes and were called Duetti before he applied it to the titanium relaunch. It seems like he over ordered these and on shifting into Ti, wants to clear them out to get some cash back. I paid $700 for mine last year and it’s one of the best deals I’ve gotten on a frame.

Clean39T 11-26-2023 01:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vespasianus (Post 3321009)
This. Similar to the Battaglin aluminum frames that were going to $99. But you know, frame material plays no role in how a bike rides. With the right wheels and cockpit, it should ride just like an Aethos.

You could have just used Google instead of a jump to conclusions mat.

peanutgallery 11-26-2023 02:44 PM

My expectation is just a little greater from boutique builders. Its not a surly. Even $500 aluminum mtbs and boomer bikes from Dicks manage something a little less cobby looking. Comes across as a bit lazy in 2023, zip ties on the down tube or fork are just not acceptable anymore. I thought a serotta was about pushing the envelope of existing technology in a bombproof platform?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 3321001)
One man’s jank is another mechanic or traveler’s wet dream..

mstateglfr 11-26-2023 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutgallery (Post 3320988)

It's wireless shifting, so the only things to route are the brake hoses. The front goes along the fork and the other goes down the downtube and along the nds chainstay.
The routing seems very straight forward. Not sure what is janky about it?

...if the complaint is that it isn't internally routed, I mean I guess that is something to complain about. My gravel frame has an internal fork hose and rear brake is externally routed. The zip ties work fine- I continue to not die or even think about the brake hose.

laupsi 11-26-2023 03:02 PM

Feel for those paying full price when these were initially launched. Seems like a very decent frame/fork for the price.

prototoast 11-26-2023 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laupsi (Post 3321063)
Feel for those paying full price when these were initially launched. Seems like a very decent frame/fork for the price.

If more than a handful of such people existed, we wouldn't be in this situation now.

peanutgallery 11-26-2023 03:22 PM

I think it looks terrible, particularly on the fork. Most have one way in one way out routing for at least the last decade. If diamondback can figure it out, pretty sure Ben can. It's a pretty low bar

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstateglfr (Post 3321058)
It's wireless shifting, so the only things to route are the brake hoses. The front goes along the fork and the other goes down the downtube and along the nds chainstay.
The routing seems very straight forward. Not sure what is janky about it?

...if the complaint is that it isn't internally routed, I mean I guess that is something to complain about. My gravel frame has an internal fork hose and rear brake is externally routed. The zip ties work fine- I continue to not die or even think about the brake hose.