The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ISO Serotta steel fork (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=235280)

cornelldewitt 03-11-2019 02:11 PM

ISO Serotta steel fork

:help:

Were you living in Boulder in the mid-90s? Did you buy a custom-painted florescent yellow Serotta road fork off of me? The brazed-crown one, not the cheap welded one. It was off of a Morgul-Bismark team bike.

I'm sorry, but I realize now that it was a mistake to sell it. I'd like to buy it back.

No?

Ok, then does anyone have, or know where I can find a brazed-crown Serotta 700c fork?

Thanks!

Cornell
[Newbie-ish - my apologies if this is posted in the wrong thread - happy to receive recommendations for where to post this request!]

parris 03-11-2019 02:48 PM

If you want a steel fork built in the same/similar style as the Serotta steel forks but without the pantographing contact Dave Kirk.

oliver1850 03-11-2019 11:56 PM

I have one. Key question is steerer tube length.

cornelldewitt 03-12-2019 09:04 AM

Ah yeah - forgot to throw the ruler on the head tube before dashing out the house this morning - will check later.

Dave Kirk is an interesting thought, but I'm thinking I'm gonna go with something either as close to OEM as possible, or something totally different - I am giving a lot of thought to how to set up the bike to be more suitable for a 50-year-old recreational rider on the mean streets of New York City, than a 25-year-old racer! A 25 year old carbon fork is out of the question, as that is what I'm trying to get rid of because it's terrifying, but I've got my eye on a first generation (nearly as old as the bike) RockShox road fork. Comfort and class!

jet sanchez 03-12-2019 09:38 AM

Do you have any photos of the bike? Or of the type of fork you are seeking?

I have a bright yellow Serotta that I have always wondered about as I have never seen the same paintjob on any other Serotta/

David Kirk 03-12-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornelldewitt (Post 2512672)
Ah yeah - forgot to throw the ruler on the head tube before dashing out the house this morning - will check later.

Dave Kirk is an interesting thought, but I'm thinking I'm gonna go with something either as close to OEM as possible, or something totally different - I am giving a lot of thought to how to set up the bike to be more suitable for a 50-year-old recreational rider on the mean streets of New York City, than a 25-year-old racer! A 25 year old carbon fork is out of the question, as that is what I'm trying to get rid of because it's terrifying, but I've got my eye on a first generation (nearly as old as the bike) RockShox road fork. Comfort and class!

FWIW.......I've built a number of forks for order Serotta's and can use the same crown and the same shape blades and the same style dropouts. Only a few Serotta employees would be able to tell the difference.

The only thing I can't offer is the engraving on the fork crown otherwise it's the same crown.

Food for thought......

dave

gomango 03-12-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Kirk (Post 2512847)
FWIW.......I've built a number of forks for order Serotta's and can use the same crown and the same shape blades and the same style dropouts. Only a few Serotta employees would be able to tell the difference.

The only thing I can't offer is the engraving on the fork crown otherwise it's the same crown.

Food for thought......

dave

Thanks for the info!

I have a CSI with the CF fork and it has an "issue" or two. Mainly chipping paint, but the frameset fits/rides beautifully.

If I decide to keep it for the long haul, a new steel fork would be just the ticket.

BTW For all I know Dave, you may have built the frame back in the day.